With Summer in full burst, Lane-Knight has compiled a small list of summer essentials for the months of June and July, even for August and September if you are located in the warm southern states. Whether you are working, hanging out, or traveling, all of these great essentials will keep you cool and chic this summer season.
1. Sunglasses: Our Karen Walker shades are the perfect way to protect your eyes from the hot summer sun. Our favorites include Number One in Crazy Tortoise and Perfect Day in Black.
2. Shorts: Now is the perfect time to find a fun pair of shorts to show off your legs. These Tibi Stencil Shorts have the perfect touch of color. For a more subtle print, we suggest the Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent Black Ikat Drawstring Cuffed Short in either black or cream.
3. Tribal Bracelets: This summer’s jewelry trend is all about fun stackable bracelets. Some of our in store favorites are the Chan Luu Blue and Gold Patterned Bracelet, Leighelena Scarlet Cobra Snake Double Wrap Bracelet, and Linea Pelle Collections Skinny Studed Stackables.
4. Flip Flops: No summer essentials list is complete without a good comfortable pair of flip flops. We love Trove Tkees because not only are they super comfortable and functional, but they are also stylish and come in a wide assortment of colors. They are the best “cosmetics for your feet!”
5. Last, but not least, you must always have a colorful large tote bag. Tote bags are perfect not only for traveling to your summer destinations, but also just for errand-running and every day use. Two store favorites are the Orla Kiely Structured Stem Willow Bag in Buttercup and the Elaine Turner Maggie Denim Large Tote.
At last Karen Walker sunglasses have arrived! Straight from Down Under, the much desired and virtually sold-out-everywhere Number One and Perfect Day styles exude, like all Karen Walker pieces, “original, effortless and unpretentious style.” Both Number One and Perfect Day can be worn as easily in a demure fashion as they can be worn with a downtown edge. A favorite with the fashion elite and modern day style icons like Alexa Chung and Gwen Stefani, Karen Walker eyewear will instantly become a staple in your wardrobe. You’ll want to make sure to never misplace either one of these much sought-after shades! Shop LaneKnight.com’s Karen Walker eyewear selection before they’re all gone!
The much coveted Number One in Crazy Tortoise.
Gwen Stefani wearing Number Ones.
Perfect Day in black.
Helloframboise.com fashion blogger in Perfect Day frames.
Modern day fashion icon, Alexa Chung, in Karen Walker sunglasses.
With the rain clouds finally clearing, the sun is here to stay. While enjoying the idyllic springtime weather, we’ve been grabbing for our sunglasses more and more every time we head out the door. Besides shielding our eyes from the blinding rays, sunglasses are the ideal accessory to add a little something extra to your daytime look. Try cat eye frames for a retro 1950s effect, oversized circles to channel 1970s Jackie O., or Aviators when you have timeless sophistication on your mind. For those who are dying to make a statement during the coming sunny months, go for an exaggerated frame shape in an unexpected, fun hue. Like shoes, sunglasses are one of those things you can never have too many of!
[Bold pinks and chunky frames from Cutler & Gross]
[This spring Miu Miu experimented with shape and frame and lens color.]
[OOOH LA! The Row]
[An unexpected neon blue from Matthew Williamson]
[Look for Karen Walker’s ‘Number One’ and other styles on LaneKnight.com in the coming weeks!]